Alpha Innovations SA (www.alphainnovations.eu), member of the Alpha Group, is a pioneer in the field of power technology. A prime supplier of market leaders in the telco, industrial, traffic and medical segments in Europe, Alpha Innovation offers project driven solutions in highly reliable energy for electronic loads and site management.
Project Oriented, Alpha Innovations has a long experience in power supply design and qualification, enabling it to offer custom-designed converters with unrivalled performances and reliability. The company has developed throughout the years a culture of innovation, resulting in multiple patents, scientific publications and various innovation awards.
Located at Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, its current team is composed of more than forty experienced and quality-conscious engineers, closely partnering with their customers.
To strengthen the current project team on board, we are looking for an electronic and / or electromechanical "Project Engineer".
Your expected contribution to the team will be:
• Identifying customer's needs and translate them into feasable and reliable solutiions
• Estimating the cost of goods of the most relevant components and the time required to implement the solution
• Establishing price quotations and ensuring the project's expected return on investment
• Designing AC / DC systems for the conversion of low voltage to high power applications
• Ensuring a detailed follow-up, together with the test and assembly team, of the application and production of the supplied product designs
• Analyzing and managing the discrepancies between the design (design & estimated working time in the specifications) and manufacturing, looking for feasible solutions
• Sharing, communicating and supervising the corrective actions
• Ensuring total customer’s satisfaction, and delivery in line with his expectations
• To improve best practices, choice of solutions and the cost-effectiveness of established specifications taking into account past experiences
• Contributing to the achievement of the expected group results
• Regularly reporting working results and outcomes in a factual and transparent way
• Electronic and / or electromechanical engineer
• Minimum 3 years of experience in this position and / or a similar environment
• Good working knowledge of CAD software (Solidworks, Solidworks Electrical 3D, SEE Electrical…)
• Basic knowledge of communication technologies (CAN, RS-232, USB, etc.)
• Trained in project management
• You have an European B2 level in English or the necessary fluency to communicate without effort with native speakers
• A good command (written and spoken) of French
• Able to integrate himself in a SME environment: dynamic, versatile and innovative
• Empathic, and a good listener
• Curious and interested in new technologies and products
• Conscientious, organized and autonomous
• Excellent time manager with a good sense of priorities
• Analytical and synthetic
• Result-oriented, and above all, customer-centric
• Pragmatic and concerned about the cost effectiveness of the proposed solutions
• Positively critical and focused on "problem solving" techniques
• Having a pedagogical mind-set and the capacity to popularize
You will get the opportunity to integrate a growth-oriented company, where human capital and personal contribution is highly valued:
• A key position in a company that operates on a human scale, relying on its employees to achieve its business objectives
• An entry in an international group
• Opportunities of professional development in an environment that is challenging, engaging and responsive.
• An attractive salary package, commensurate with your skills and experiences